[Updated August 7, 2020]
The Factory of Champions will be open this summer in a limited and controlled capacity with the following revised entry and activity guidelines (subject to regular updates based on then current COVID-19 Climate):
[Guidelines will be clearly posted and strictly enforced, as well as subject to review and change regularly as guidance from health officials continues to evolve. Our intent is always to follow best-known practices in order to serve our customers with the best possible health and safety outcomes]:
[THE BELOW GUIDELINES APPLY TO DAILY YOUTH SPORT PROGRAMS INCLUDING CAMPS, CLINICS, GROUP TEACHING, AND GENERAL RENTAL. RULES FOR BASKETBALL TOURNAMENTS, SHOWCASES, AND GAME EVENTS ARE OUTLINED IN A SPECIAL SECTION BELOW OUR GENERAL GUIDELINES]
**All Entrants to the facility will receive a temperature check and any person who registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be denied entry**
Player/Participant Stations: The Factory will provide individual “stations” for all participants. Each station is comprised of a spaced, non-moveable seating area and serves as a dedicated location for a participant and/or parent of participant, equipment, and water.
- Upon entry, all participants must locate and set up at an open station
- All player/participants and parents must be attached to an available station
- Participants and parents of participants can share a station
- No more than one parent/guardian per participant and parents are encouraged to drop off when feasible
- Individuals who are not active participants or parents of participants will not be allowed inside the facility. Non-participating siblings and friends will not be granted access to the facility
ALL Player/Participants MUST bring:
- Hand sanitizer (Players will not be allowed to participate without this)
- Their own ball (Though we have historically loaned balls, we will no longer provide loaners under any circumstance)
- Their own bottled water (water fountain will not be in operation)
- NOTE: The ONLY outside food or drink allowed in is a water bottle or bottled water with a secure top. This means, unfortunately, no coffee, Gatorade, anything other than water at this time.
During any program and activity:
- 6-foot distancing practices should be kept between coaches and participants
- Non-participating individuals should wear masks at all times
- Factory Staff will wear masks and gloves while in the gymnasium area and will patrol the facility, wiping down stations and relevant surfaces as appropriate.
- Player/Participants will be expected to hand sanitize during activity breaks
In addition to the policies above, the following sport-specific guidelines shall also be enforced:
Basketball Program/Activity Guidelines:
At this time, Factory basketball programs AND the basketball activities of hourly customer rentals shall be restricted to the following:
- No more than 14 players and 2 coaches per Half Court area
- No more than 26 players and 4 coaches per Full Court area
- Exceptions for Basketball Camps: Campers must still bring their own water and hand sanitizer, and must adhere to Station requirements and non-participant limitations, but participant limitations per court may be set by the Camp Organizer, and all safety measures outlined by Camp Organizer must be published and shared with camp customers and clearly posted around the facility. Camp Organizers are responsible for checking temperatures of all entrants and staff at the front door, and denying entry to any person who registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
Volleyball Program Guidelines:
- No more than 13 players/participants/coaches combined per Court area
- No more than 6 player/participants per side per Court area
- Exceptions for Volleyball Camps: Campers must still bring their own water and hand sanitizer, and must adhere to Station requirements and non-participant limitations, but participant limitations per court may be set by the Camp Organizer, and all safety measures outlined by Camp Organizer must be published and shared with camp customers and clearly posted around the facility. Camp Organizers are responsible for checking temperatures of all entrants and staff at the front door, and denying entry to any person who registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
Pickleball Program Guidelines:
- We will be adopting a series of guidelines outlined by the USAPA and will be posting soon.
Regardless of the above guidelines, DO NOT come to The Factory if you:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness, with fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Fees: All Facility Fees shall be paid in full no less than 7 days prior to first scheduled tournament day.
- Food/Drink: No Food or Drink with the exception of water in a secure container (water bottles or water containers) – No Exceptions
- Admission Policy: In order to avoid lines or distancing issues, there will be NO walk-in admissions, no exceptions. Tournament teams are responsible for pre-purchasing from the tournament organizer up to 25 spectator tickets per day (or if a two-day tournament, per tournament). No more than 25 spectators per team (and never more than 100 spectators total at any time) are allowed inside the facility during any game. Tournament passes will be in the form of secured, non-removable bracelets. Pre-purchased Game/tournament passes shall be distributed to all teams prior to the start of the first tournament game.
- Game Crowd Control: Only teams, coaches, tournament officials, and pre-authorized spectators for the game currently being played are allowed in the building. Upon end of each game, all teams and spectators will be required to exit the building. Spectators, coaches and players for the next game will not be allowed to enter the building until prior groups have fully exited the building.
- Masks: ALL Spectators will be required to wear masks at all times, no exceptions..
- Safety Policy: No less than 14 days prior to first tournament day, Tournament Organizers must provide a written plan to SA Factory of Champions that outlines all tournament procedures (crowd control, game play, security, and cleaning/sanitizing) that will be put in place that are designed to promote a safe environment and limit exposure and spread of COVID-19. These procedures will be posted visibly inside the facility during tournament play.
- Temperature Checks: Tournament and Camp organizers are responsible for checking temperatures of all entrants and staff at the front door, and denying entry to any person who registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Enforcement: Coaches and tournament organizers are required to assist facility staff in enforcing all above policies.
- Waivers: Each tournament participant must have waiver on file that includes language related to COVID-19. These waivers will be provided upon entry. If a parent or guardian is not attending, a link to an online waiver will be provided for electronic submission.
Multiple Level Online Training Programs now available!
[MARCH 19, 2020] COVID-19 UPDATE
Per Local, County, State, and Federal Directive. And Common Sense…
The Factory of Champions will be closed indefinitely.
Our goal is to open our doors as soon as appropriate, but not a minute sooner. We are working on building online training options for our customers, and Mark and I will post regularly on our progress and next steps.
In the meantime, please be safe. Let us know how you’re doing and what you’re doing to pass the time. Let’s get Instagram rolling (@thefactorysa) with some great ideas for how to pass the time practicing and playing the game we love.
Can’t wait to have everyone back in the building. Until then.
Owner, SA Factory of Champions
Head Coach and Program Director
[MARCH 13, 2020] A NOTE TO OUR CUSTOMERS FROM FACTORY LEADERSHIP
The Factory of Champions will be closed through Friday, March 20th.
Our primary concern remains the health and safety of our customers, and we will reevaluate on a weekly basis our ability to open our doors and provide programs to our customers safely and in accordance with the guidance and recommendations of local, regional, and global health organizations.
On a personal note, while I’m confident we will eventually have some level of clarity on how to best operate in this challenging time, aligning closely with our community is an easy decision. Our “new normal” has not yet emerged, and we simply don’t know what we don’t know.
It’s reasonable that when we do open back up, it will be carefully planned around lowest risk activities and with the continued blessing of healthcare authorities.
ANY questions, please reach out to us at the numbers/e-mails below.
As always, thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.
Owner, SA Factory of Champions
Head Coach and Program Director