[Updated JANUARY 18, 2021]
For all league operations, we will adhere to standards adopted for indoor home games for the Alamo Heights Independent School District. As it stands today, that means masking for spectators is highly recommended but optional. Players/participants are not required to wear masks.
Factory Champs League Operations – COVID-19 Return to Play/Practice after positive test or close contact exposure:
Our simple ask regarding practice/game attendance: Notwithstanding the basics (our policies below…), if your child on any given day/hour is not feeling well or is presenting any Covid symptoms, please let your coach know and keep him/her out of practices or games. Same applies to parents as well. If you’re not sure in a particular scenario, similar to last year, please reach out to us – we are happy to run through our medical advisory team to figure out the recommended path forward.
LEAGUE COVID POLICIES (Positive Test or Close Contact Exposure Requirements)
- If a player test positive for COVID-19: Please follow CDC guidance for when to return from quarantine/isolation. A player may not return to practice/play until symptom free.
- Close Contact: If a child has a close contact scenario as defined by the CDC, and assuming no symptoms, those who are fully vaccinated OR had confirmed COVID-19 within the past 90 days (you tested positive using a viral test) may participate in league activities day 0-5 but must be securely masked at all times. Those not vaccinated must quarantine for 5 days and test on or after 5th day before returning to action, and must be masked days 6-10 from exposure.
- Waiver (s): A player may receive a waiver from wearing a mask in the above scenario with a signed note from the child’s pediatrician, clearing them to participate without a mask in indoor youth sports during the windows defined in the above “close contact” scenarios. In the event a child is exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (ex: persistent cough), it is recommended that the family obtain a note from the child’s pediatrician clearing the child for practice and game attendance.
GAME DAY SPECTATORS AND GAME ADJUSTMENTS
- New Game Times: Please refer to updated game schedules, found here: https://factoryofchampions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/2021-22-Master-Schedulev2.pdf.
- Game Length: 3×3 Division games will be 18 minutes. Same rules apply. All 4×4 Division games except for NBA and WNBA will be 17-minute halves.
- Facility Entry: Entry Doors to the facility will not open to parents, coaches, and spectators until the gym is cleared of all parents, coaches, and spectators of the prior game. Please plan on arriving at the facility no earlier than 10 minutes prior to posted game time.
- Spectator Limit: Until further notice, spectator attendance is limited to THREE spectators per participant, to include any combination of parent, grandparent, sibling, or friend.
Owner, SA Factory of Champions
Head Coach and Program Director