Factory of Champions 2017-18 Winter League
The Factory Winter League is a 9 week youth basketball league beginning the week after Thanksgiving and finishing in early February. Our primary goals for this league are competitive balance, well-executed league operation, superior game officiating, and a positive basketball experience for each athlete. This league is targeted for parents looking for a more competitive play option that fits today’s multi-sport schedules while not requiring ‘year-round’ commitments of traditional club sports.
Games are played at the Factory of Champions (see location info below) on 65×45’ courts.
OCTOBER: COACHES MEETINGS (Mandatory for All Coaches)
- Meeting 1: October 11 – Initial League Coach Meeting @ Factory
- Meeting 2: October 18 – Coaches Submit Coach Selections. (Does not include Girls 1st/2nd Grade Division)
NOVEMBER 5: EVALUATION COMBINE (Mandatory for All Players/Coaches – Parents Welcome)
Sunday Afternoon, 2 Hours (Does not include Girls 1st/2nd Grade Division)
- Week of November 13th: First Team Practices
- Week 1: Week of November 27th
- Week 2: Week of December 4th
- Week 3: Week of December 11th
- Week 4: Week of January 8th
- Week 5: Week of January 15th
- Week 6: Week of January 22nd
- Week 7: Week of January 29th
- Week 8 (1st Round Playoffs): Week of February 5th
- Week 9 (2nd Round Playoffs): Week of February 12th
Team and Division Makeup:
- Each division is 40 players – 4 teams of 10. Entries are first come, first served.
- Players sign up individually at www.factoryofchampions.com and are placed on teams with the exception of Coach Selections (see details below) This league is designed to be competitive, meaning teams will be constructed as evenly as possible relative to collective player skill level. (For Girls 1st/2nd Grade Division, we will work with our Parent coaches to build appropriate rosters.)
- If a player signs up after the division cap is reached, they will be placed on a waitlist.
- Waitlisted players may have an opportunity to play in some or all of the season if they so choose (see details below).
Cost is $150/player: – Entry fees provide:
- Game jersey
- 9 games (7 regular season and 2 playoffs)
- 10 Practices
- $30 entry into skill/play camp Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week (Regular Price $65) 1-3PM
- Discount entry into November, December, and January 3×3 Tournaments ($20/player)
- Half price practices for coaches on select Sundays – if you need extra gym time, courts are available on following days exclusively to league coaches @$25/court hour
- Sundays available are: November 12, November 26th, December 3rd, December 31st, January 7th, and January 14th.
- [Note: There is an admission charge for game days, which covers the cost of our game officials. It is minimal ($1 for adults and kids 9 and up) but we think worth notifying all early so not a surprise.]
Standard Practice Times are weekdays between 4-8:00 (practice times will be pre-assigned based on age groups). Coaches will have opportunities to hold additional practices on select Sundays at discounted court rate.
Game Times are Wednesdays, and times are consistent each week based on division/age group.
*All Practices and Games are played at SA Factory of Champions