Game Status – Games Week of February 15th – TBD
COVID Policies & Protocols League Schedules and Results League Rules
Rules, Schedules & Standings, and Playoff Information
(note: where applicable, heads-up results factor ahead of point differential…)
Playoffs begin as early as February 8th and have different start dates depending on division. Here are the basics:
- Everyone makes the playoffs, all teams have a chance to win it all.
- A team must win out to win first place, but all divisions will have a 3rd place game as well.
- Teams are seeded based on regular season outcomes.
- Divisions with 4 teams play a single playoff game the week of February 8th and February 15th.
- Divisions with 6 teams have a play-in game for seeds 3-6 the week of February 8th. Top 2 seeds in those divisions will have a bye that week.
ALL standings, playoff brackets, current seedings, as well as the complete game schedule can be found on this web page.
Girls WNBA Division:
Girls Euro Division:
Girls Varsity Division:
Boys NBA Division:
Boys Euro Division:
Boys NCAA Division:
Boys Varsity (Blue) Division:
Boys Varsity (Orange) Division:
The Factory Winter League is a 9-week youth basketball league beginning in November (first games the week after Thanksgiving) and finishing in mid-February. Our primary goals for this league are competitive balance, well-executed league operation, superior game officiating, and a positive team basketball experience for each athlete. This league is targeted for parents looking for a more competitive play option that fits today’s multi-sport schedules while not requiring year-round commitments of traditional club sports.
Games are played at the Factory of Champions on 65′ x 45′ Courts. (see location info below).
OCTOBER: COACHES MEETINGS (Mandatory for All Coaches)
- Most coaches meetings will be division specific – we will contact you with meeting times – they begin the week of October 11th. If you have any questions or are interested in coaching, please contact Ben Hart @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVALUATION COMBINE/TRYOUT (Mandatory for All Players/Coaches – Details below along with Health and Safety entry policies)
Sunday Afternoons, 1 Hour for each grade level. [NOTE- There will be a combine for 1st/2nd Girls – Timing is TBD at this time]
12:30PM-1:30PM – Arrive 12:15 – 3rd/4th Grade Girls
2:30-3:30PM – Arrive 2:15 – 1st Grade Boys
4:30-5:30PM – Arrive 4:15 – 2nd Grade Boys
12:00PM-1PM – Arrive 11:45 – 3rd Grade Boys
1:30-2:30PM – Arrive 1:15 – 4th Grade Boys
3:00-4:00PM – Arrive 2:45 – 5th Grade Boys
4:30-5:30PM – Arrive 4:15 – 6th Grade Boys
6:00-7:00PM – Arrive 5:45 – 5th/6th Grade Girls
- Week of November 15th: First Team Practices
- Week of Sunday, November 29th: Week 1 of Games
- Initial Game Schedule will be published the week of November 15th.
Players sign up individually at www.factoryofchampions.com and are drafted to teams – with the exception of Coach Selections. This league is designed to be competitive, meaning teams will be constructed as evenly as possible relative to collective player skill level.
If a player signs up after the division cap is reached, they will be placed on a waitlist. A significant number of waitlisted players made final team rosters each of the last three seasons.
Draft dates are as follows:
- Girls WNBA: Sunday, November 1, 8:00PM @TBD
- Boys NBA: Monday, November 2, 7:00PM @TBD
- Girls EuroLeague: Monday, November 2, 9:00PM @TBD
- Boys EuroLeague: Wednesday, November 4, 7:00PM @TBD
- Boys NCAA: Wednesday, November 4, 9:00PM @TBD
- Girls Varsity: Time and Location TBD
- Boys Varsity [Blue]: Thursday, November 4, 7:00PM @TBD
- Boys Varsity [Orange]: Thursday, November 4, 9:00PM @TBD
COVID-Specific Safety Protocols
The Factory maintains and updates an array of safety policies designed to help limit our athletes and parents to potential exposure, including temperature checks, mask requirements, cleaning/disinfection of surfaces, strict entry measures, and a number of other protocols.
Health & Safety Protocols
In addition, we will strictly limit the number of attendees at our evaluation events, as well as the number of spectators each game night. We will also introduce new measures in between games to further ensure caps on game night attendees. This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Evaluation combines will only include players, coaches, and Factory personnel. Parents will not be allowed in the building. [Note: Let us know if we need to be creative on a case-by-case basis. We understand the little ones might be a little nervous! We can figure out a solution together]
- In past years, we have evaluated as many as 100 athletes within the same 90-minute event. This year we will increase the number of combines in order to keep the total athlete count to less than 50-60 inside the building at any given time.
- Wave Starts: At the conclusion of each evaluation event, the building will be cleared through our side emergency exits, and the next wave of athletes will not be able to enter the building until the prior group has left.
- Each game night, spectators will be strictly limited to ONE guardian per player per game. This means that non-participant siblings will not be allowed. This will be managed through the distribution of game night-specific wristbands to each team. [On a personal note, I look forward to a day down the road when we’re packing the gym wall to wall as in year’s past. It’s become a very memorable and favorite time of year for us. It’s just not something we can support safely right now].
- Wave Starts: At the conclusion of each game, the building will be cleared through our side emergency exits, and the next wave of athletes and spectators will not be able to enter the building until the prior group has left.
- Our intent this year is to work to align practice times with division. That means that this year, there may be considerably less flexibility in scheduled court time – we will work to get these assignments out as early as possible to help coaches manage their schedules. Here’s why: With 3×3 specifically, our goal is to have divisions at The Factory at the same practice times, so that the first 30 minutes can be teaching/coaching, and the last 30 minutes will be opportunities to scrimmage other division teams. The ability to teach and then play is a very effective development tool.
- Please contact Ben Hart @benhart@factoryofchampions as early as possible if you are interested in coaching.
- In Divisions competing 4×4 with rosters of 7-8, head coaches may choose their assistant coaches in advance of the draft. “Coaches Picks” are typically the children of the head and assistant coach.
- Assistant coaches must be actively coaching in majority of practices and games each week (if you need a better definition of this, we’re happy to provide).
Younger Players Playing “Up”
- After each evaluation event, The Factory Coaching Staff will make recommendations regarding specific players who may benefit by playing in older divisions. These recommendations will not obligate these players to play ‘up,’ but we will contact parents directly in these situations. Conversely, parents can request that their child try out for this same opportunity.
Entry fees provide:
- Game jersey
- 9 games (7 regular season and 2 playoffs)
- 10 Included Practices
- $40 entry into skill/play camp Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week (Regular Price $65) 1:00-3:00PM
- Discount entry into November, December, January and February 3×3 Tournaments ($20/player)
Standard Practice Times allotted at Factory of Champions and local elementary school gyms are Monday or Tuesday between 4:00-8:00 pm or Sunday between 2:00-8:00 pm (practice times will be pre-assigned based on age groups). Coaches may make arrangements for additional practice times at alternative locations.
Game Days are Wednesdays or Thursdays between 5:00 and 8:00 pm at SA Factory of Champions, and times are consistent each week based on division/age group.
3×3 Youth Tournaments:
For six years, typically one Sunday each month, The Factory has hosted youth 3×3 tournaments for all ages, K-8. We believe youth 3×3 is among the most powerful basketball development tools for young players, allowing for more touches in a competitive environment. During the Champs League season, we’ll focus on including as many league participants as possible. We encourage you to put a team together and give these a try.
3×3 Tournament Dates are:
- October 25th
- November 15th
- December 13th
- January 10th
- February 7th