Rules, Schedules & Standings, and Playoff Information
(note: where applicable, heads-up results factor ahead of point differential…)
Playoffs begin as early as February 8th and have different start dates depending on division. Here are the basics:
- Everyone makes the playoffs, all teams have a chance to win it all.
- Playoffs are not “one and done.” A team must win out to win first place, but all team will play multiple playoff games, even if a team loses its first game. See division brackets for details of each division.
- Teams are seeded based on regular season outcomes.
- Divisions with 4 teams (Girls 1st/2nd and Girls 3rd/4th) start Thursday 2/13 with semifinal games, and finish Thursday 2/20 with First and Third place games.
- Divisions with 6 teams (Girls 5th/6th and Boys 1st) have a play-in game for seeds 3-6 on Monday, 2/10. Boys games will be at 5:00 and 6:00. Girls games 6:00 and 7:00.
- Remaining Divisions (Boys 2nd, 3rd/4th, and 5th/6th) have first round playoff games this Saturday, 2/8, between 8-2PM.
ALL standings, playoff brackets, current seedings, as well as the complete game schedule for teams playing this Saturday can be found on this web page.
1st Grade Boys Division:
1st/2nd Grade Girls Division:
2nd Grade Boys Division:
3rd/4th Grade Girls Division:
3rd/4th Grade Boys Division:
5th/6th Grade Girls Division:
5th/6th Grade Boys Division:
Factory of Champions 2019-20 Winter League
— Registration closed —
The Factory Winter League is a 9-week youth basketball league beginning in November (first games the week after Thanksgiving) and finishing in mid-February. Our primary goals for this league are competitive balance, well-executed league operation, superior game officiating, and a positive team basketball experience for each athlete. This league is targeted for parents looking for a more competitive play option that fits today’s multi-sport schedules while not requiring year-round commitments of traditional club sports.
Games are played at the Factory of Champions (see location info below) on 65’x45’ courts.
We continue to make adjustments year over year, and below is a shortlist of league attributes we believe make this league a unique experience:
- Officiating crews that are experienced, patient, and enjoy working with our athletes. We work to retain the same crews throughout the season and year over year. Several of our officials have worked the Texas High School State Tournament.
- A player assessment and draft with a goal toward competitive balance.
- The Factory enforces a commitment to practice policy.
- Additional paid score table personnel – covering added responsibilities including foul tracking w/ disqualifications at 5 fouls.
- For 3rd to 6th grade, longer practice times.
- For 2nd to 6th grade, smaller Team Rosters (8 instead of 10).
- Man to Man defense is required.
- In preparation for league play, all players will have discounted access to camps, clinics, and 3×3 tournaments, as well as multiple dates of gym access for recreational play prior to league start.
OCTOBER: COACHES MEETINGS (Mandatory for All Coaches)
- Most coaches meetings will be division specific – we will contact you with meeting times – they begin the week of October 14th. If you have any questions or are interested in coaching, please contact Ben Hart @ .
EVALUATION COMBINE (Mandatory for All Players/Coaches – Parents Welcome)
Sunday Afternoons, 2 Hours per division
12:00PM-2PM – 3rd/4th Grade Girls
1:30PM-3:30PM – 1st Grade Boys
1:30-3:30PM – 2nd Grade Boys
3:00-5:00PM – 3rd-4th Grade Boys
4:30-6:30PM – 5th-6th Grade Boys
6:30-8:30PM – 5th-6th Grade Girls
** Players will only attend ONE combine. See above division assignments. Actual time of day is pending, as we are working to determine times with least conflict to local Little League schedules.
- Week of November 10th: First Team Practices
- Week of Sunday, December 1st: Week 1 of Games
- We are finalizing game schedule in light of a very late Thanksgiving date and the short Holiday season.
Team and Division Makeup:
- Divisions will have a minimum of 4 teams (a likely maximum of 10-12) and will have a cap on players based on total signups as well as the aggregate team capacity of the league (approximately 48 teams). Each team will have 8-10 players, depending on the division.
- Players sign up individually at www.factoryofchampions.com and are drafted to teams – with the exception of Coach Selections. This league is designed to be competitive, meaning teams will be constructed as evenly as possible relative to collective player skill level. (For Girls 1st/2nd Grade Division, we will work with our Parent coaches to build appropriate rosters.)
- If a player signs up after the division cap is reached, they will be placed on a waitlist. A significant number of waitlisted players made final team rosters each of the last two seasons.
Entry fees provide:
- Game jersey
- 9 games (7 regular season and 2 playoffs)
- 10 Included Practices
- $40 entry into skill/play camp Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week (Regular Price $65) 1-3PM
- Discount entry into November, December, January and February 3×3 Tournaments ($20/player)
- The Factory will also host a series of Sunday evenings (8:00-10PM) for parents of Champs League players to play recreationally – called “Pickup fo Parents.” We’ll announce Open Gym dates in October – typically every other Sunday during the season.
Standard Practice Times allotted at Factory of Champions and local elementary school gyms are Monday or Tuesday between 4-8:00 pm or Sunday between 2-8:00 pm (practice times will be pre-assigned based on age groups). Coaches may make arrangements for additional practice times at alternative locations.
Game Days are Wednesdays or Thursdays between 5 and 8 pm at SA Factory of Champions, and times are consistent each week based on division/age group.
3×3 Youth Tournaments:
For six years, typically one Sunday each month, The Factory has hosted youth 3×3 tournaments for all ages, K-8. We believe youth 3×3 is among the most powerful basketball development tools for young players, allowing for more touches in a competitive environment. During the Champs League season, we’ll focus on including as many league participants as possible. We encourage you to put a team together and give these a try.
3×3 Tournament Dates are:
- October 13th
- November 17th
- December 15th
- January 12th
- February 9th