Factory of Champions 2018-19 Winter League
Registration Now Closed
Rules, Schedules, & Standings
1st Grade Boys Division:
1st/2nd Grade Girls Division:
2nd Grade Boys Division:
3rd/4th Grade Girls Division:
3rd/4th Grade Boys Division:
5th/6th Grade Girls Division:
5th/6th Grade Boys Division:
The Factory Winter League is a 9-week youth basketball league beginning the week after Thanksgiving and finishing in mid-February. Our primary goals for this league are a competitive balance, well-executed league operation, superior game officiating, and a positive basketball experience for each athlete. This league is targeted for parents looking for a more competitive play option that fits today’s multi-sport schedules while not requiring year-round commitments of traditional club sports.
Games are played at the Factory of Champions (see location info below) on 65×45’ courts.
* Based on coach, parent, and administrative response, we’ve made a significant number of adjustments from last year – a number of which have impacted the overall cost of the program. Please reach out to Ben Hart at any time if you have specific questions or concerns about these changes. Below we’ve listed several of the cost drivers. Our primary goal remains a superior gameplay experience which provides the best possible development opportunities in a highly competitive environment:
- For 3rd to 6th grade, two-person officiating crews, all from the top South Texas officiating chapter
- Additional score table personnel – covering added responsibilities including foul tracking w/ disqualifications at 5 fouls
- For 3rd to 6th grade, longer practice times
- For 2nd to 6th grade, smaller Team Rosters (8 instead of 10)
- We’ll no longer collect game day admission (parent request) Instead of collecting admissions on game days to cover officiating, we have rolled these into into the registration fee
OCTOBER: COACHES MEETINGS (Mandatory for All Coaches)
- Most coaches meetings will be division specific – we will contact you with meeting times – they begin the week of October 15th. If you have any questions or are interested in coaching, please contact Ben Hart @ email@example.com.
EVALUATION COMBINE (Mandatory for All Players/Coaches – Parents Welcome)
Sunday Afternoon, 2 Hours per division
12:00PM-2PM – 1st Grade Boys
1:30PM-3:30PM – 3rd-4th Girls
1:30-3:30PM – 2nd Grade Boys
3:00-5:00PM – 3rd-4th Grade Boys
4:30-6:30PM – 5th-6th Grade Boys
6:30-8:30PM – 5th-6th Grade Girls
** Players will only attend ONE combine. See above division assignments. Actual time of day is pending, as we are working to determine times with least conflict to local Little League schedules.
- Week of November 11th: First Team Practices
- Week 1: Week of November 25th
- Week 2: Week of December 2nd
- Week 3: Week of December 9th
- Week 4: Week of January 6th
- Week 5: Week of January 13th
- Week 6: Week of January 20th
- Week 7: Week of January 27th
- Week 8 (1st Round Playoffs): Week of February 3rd
- Week 9 (2nd Round Playoffs): Week of February 10th
- Week 10 (Final Playoff Round if necessary): Week of February 17th
Team and Division Makeup:
- Divisions will have a minimum of 4 teams (a likely maximum of 10) and will have a cap on total players based on total signups as well as the aggregate team capacity of the league (approximately 48 teams). Each team will have 8-10 players, depending on the division.
- Players sign up individually at www.factoryofchampions.com and are drafted to teams – with the exception of Coach Selections. This league is designed to be competitive, meaning teams will be constructed as evenly as possible relative to collective player skill level. (For Girls 1st/2nd Grade Division, we will work with our Parent coaches to build appropriate rosters.)
- If a player signs up after the division cap is reached, they will be placed on a waitlist. A significant number of waitlisted players made final team rosters last season.
Entry fees provide:
- Game jersey
- 9 games (7 regular season and 2 playoffs)
- 10 Included Practices
- $30 entry into skill/play camp Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week (Regular Price $65) 1-3PM
- Discount entry into November, December, January and February 3×3 Tournaments ($20/player)
- The Factory will also host a series of Sunday evenings (8:00-10PM) for parents of Champs League players to play recreationally – called “Pickup fo Parents.” We’ll announce Open Gym dates in October – typically every other Sunday during the season.
Standard Practice Times allotted at Factory of Champions are Monday or Tuesday between 4-8:00 pm or Sunday between 2-8:00 pm (practice times will be pre-assigned based on age groups). Coaches Coaches may make arrangements for additional practice times at alternative locations.
Game Times are Wednesdays or Thursdays at SA Factory of Champions, and times are consistent each week based on division/age group.
3×3 Youth Tournaments:
For five years, typically one Sunday each month, The Factory has hosted youth 3×3 tournaments for all ages, K-8. We believe youth 3×3 is among the most powerful basketball development tools for young players, allowing for more touches in a competitive environment. During the Champs League season, we’ll focus on including as many league participants as possible. We encourage you to put a team together and give these a try.
3×3 Tournament Dates are:
- October 14th
- November 11th
- December 16th
- January 13th
- February 10th